The 16th International Conference on
Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition
August 5 - 8, 2018 ● Niagara Falls, USA
ICFHR 2018 Call for Competitions
The ICFHR 2018 Organizing Committee invites proposals for competitions addressing current research challenges in handwriting recognition and related areas of pattern recognition and vision. Competitions should aim at evaluating the performance of individual methods and systems that fall within the context of the conference’s call for papers. Competitions should also participate in the sharing and standardisation of handwriting recognition processes.
Proposals must contain the following information:
- A brief description of the competition, including which is the particular task under evaluation and why this competition could be of interest to the ICFHR community. If a similar competition has been held in a previous edition of ICFHR, the novel additions of the proposed one must be clearly explained.
- A draft of the outline of the competition describing which data is planned to be used, how will the submitted methods be evaluated and which performance measures will be used.
- How datasets and evaluation scripts (plus eventually participating systems) will be made publicly available.
- The names, contact information, and brief CVs of the competition organizers, outlining previous experience in performance evaluation and/or organizing competitions.
Proposals should be submitted by electronic mail to the ICFHR2018 Competitions Chairs: Harold Mouchère and Nicholas Howe (email@example.com)
RulesThe following rules will apply to the accepted competitions.
- All competitions must run well in advance of the conference.
- Datasets used in the competitions must be made available through the TC10/TC11 Online Resources website after the end of the competitions (or equivalent arrangement by approval of the competition chairs).
- Evaluation methodologies and metrics used must be described in detail so that results can be replicated later.
- The name of the competition must be standardized by starting with “ICFHR2018” e.g. “ICFHR2018 Competition on …”;
- Reports (full papers) on each competition will be reviewed and, if accepted (the competition run according to plan and is appropriately described), will be published in the ICFHR2018 conference proceedings.
- The results of accepted competitions will be announced during a dedicated session of the conference.
- Participants should be encouraged to present their algorithms (if not already done) in a conference paper at ICFHR 2018.
- Participants should be encouraged to share their algorithms and codes using one of the open-source licenses
- Competitions must have sufficient number of participants to be able to draw meaningful conclusions.
8 January, 2018 Submission of competition proposals 15 January, 2018 Notification of Acceptance 22 January, 2018 Competitions online and open to participants 1 June, 2018 Competition paper submission deadline (via email) 29 June, 2018 Accepted camera-ready papers due August 5-8, 2018 ICFHR Conference
If you have any questions, please contact the ICFHR2018 Competitions Chairs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
twitter: @IAPR_TC11 #ICFHR2018 #ICFHR2018competitions