The 16th International Conference on
Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition
August 5 - 8, 2018 ● Niagara Falls, USA
ICFHR 2018 Tutorials: Call for Proposals
Tutorial Chairs: Elisa Barney Smith and Alicia Fornés
The 16th International Conference on Frontiers in Handwriting Recognition (ICFHR 2018) will take place in Niagara Falls New York, USA 5-8 August 2018. We are soliciting proposals for tutorials or short courses to be held at ICFHR 2018. Courses and tutorials will take place on August 4, the day before the main conference.
An ICFHR tutorial should provide a comprehensive overview of a specific topic related to handwriting recognition, and the topic should be of sufficient relevance and importance to attract significant interest from the ICFHR community. A good tutorial should be educational rather than just a cursory survey of techniques. Typical tutorial audiences consist of graduate students studying computer vision, image processing, or pattern recognition, but also include researchers and practitioners from both academia and industry.
We invite proposals for both half-day and full-day courses: however, we encourage courses to be half-day unless the topic is expected to attract widespread community attention, or will require the additional time.
Proposals should be submitted by email to email@example.com. Please prefix the email subject with the string '[ICFHR 2018 Tutorial]'. Proposals should be in PDF format and should include the following information:
- Proposed title;
- Proposers' names, titles, affiliations, emails, and brief bio sketches;
- Preference for half- or full-day event (the latter requires a brief justification);
- Course description with list of topics to be covered, along with a brief outline and important details;
- Expected target audience, in terms of both composition and estimated number of attendees;
- List of citations and/or URLs to relevant publications and/or products by the organizers, and to other relevant related work;
- Description of and/or links to any planned materials or resources to be distributed to attendees.
- Tutorial proposal deadline: March 1, 2018
- Notification to tutorial organizers: March 18, 2018